Sunday, August 23, 2015

Getting to Know Waterview...

Hey Guys!!!! This week was a lot of fun! It was good to actually get started on the missionary work. I really love working all day. It’s a lot of fun day to day

Monday: We emailed then we went on a way cool hike to a cave and it was so wet and muddy so that was great! But that was a lot of fun. We went with the zone leaders and the 2 sets of sisters in our district then we had FHE with a way cool family, the McKays. They fed us dinner, the only in home dinner of the week! Everyone else bailed. Then we started teaching a recent convert at FHE

Tuesday: We tried to visit the investigators and all the people the other elders were working with. Then we had a drop off dinner. We met some really cool people. My favorite thing to do is when we park the car and we just walk around and talk to everyone and anyone we see. It’s hard cuz it’s always raining but it’s good.

Wednesday: we just kept visiting people. We were really setting up stuff for this week. So that was good. We walked around some more and we handed out a few pamphlets.

Thursday: Same thing as the other days. We met with a man named Shiayad. He’s an interrogator. He says that he wants to learn but really just wants to talk. So that was my first "real lesson" (so that was good). We shared a lot about the Book of Mormon.

Friday: Great Day!!! We walked around all afternoon and it was sunny and there were people out and it was great! We gave a Book of Mormon to a 20 year old girl and she seemed really interested and said she would read it and would call us if she had questions. But no call yet. Then we met a member that is less active. He is a total gang member. He just got out of jail and it was crazy hearing his stories. That was about an hour of standing on the road talking to him.

Saturday: we met with a guy that lives down the road. He’s super cool and works at a car manufacturing place so we talked a lot about cars. I’m sure Elder Pennington is so annoyed with my car fetish. He’s getting used to it.  

Sunday: Church again. I have decided that I hate elder’s quorum. It’s soooooooooo boring. But the rest of church was good. Then we went to take some plates back to this less active lady and she sat there and we talked to her for 2 hours. She wouldn't let us leave, it was crazy. Then we had a lesson at 5 with a referral from the Tongan sister. He’s a super cool guy. He’s engaged to an rm that also is from Samoa, they both are. She went to Denver on her mission and got back in Feb. He seems super open and willing to listen and so we are really excited. So that was a great day.

The hike to the caves last week was way beautiful!! It’s so green everywhere!!! I loved it.  We went into the caves which were not that cool, just tiny little things, but the hike and county were great to see.
 The guy that we taught yesterday is a huge Samoan (he is so buff! and has Polly tats all over. they are awesome!!) he just kept saying I’m not here to test you guys but I have some questions that no one can answer for me. he felt so bad that he kept asking so many questions. we talked about the BOM and so that was good cuz I know enough about that to help out and answer questions and stuff. I love all the island people here. They are so fun and so nice.

We eat a lot of frozen patties and we eat a lot of beans, but we got some frozen meat pies (oh my gosh they are so good!) I love them!!

So my companion is awesome! I really like him but like I told Tyler I feel like I’m walking down the street with Austin (Mason’s Cousin). Like, I will think it’s him and it’s weird. They don’t look alike but it sure feels like I’m serving with Austin.

 So to answer your question, I can’t spend US money... but it’s ok. we are fine, I’ll use my debit card if I need some extra money. But speaking of money, I am getting my typhoid shot today so I have to pay for it. So when the $ comes out that’s why, just so you know.

You asked about what it’s like out here every day……it’s kinda hard sometimes, but we figure it all out. We will have plans then no one is home. (so that sucks!). We will get up at 6:30 then work out for 30 minutes. Then we just read out of a book or read a talk from conference or the ensign for personal study. I’m tired in the mornings and at night. But I’m usually ok during the day. We try to stay busy. But some days are hard and everyone is in bed by like 8 so after 8 it’s hard to get anything done... but it’s all good.

We are in only one ward so that’s fun. We get to know the people better and that’s a good thing. We can only do 4 meals a week (that’s a mission rule) and most the time they will just drop it off and we eat at our flat. We always like it better when we can be in someones home. I’m actually eating very little but it’s good. I do have some treats and things to eat. Thank you again for the stuff you sent I liked finding all the random candy stashes in my suit case.

I’m kinda mad... they can use backpacks here, so glad I spent all that money on a messenger bag. I’m using it for now but I think I’m going to use a backpack soon. There are a few random old ones in my flat I will just steal so it’s no big deal.

I write in my journal every day.  I’m sleeping better now. The first few days out were hard. I would just wake up a lot in the night but now I’m good!

We have to leave soon, so I better go. I sure LOVE you guys !!!!!!!!


At the NZ Temple

My MTC Roomies

One Tree Hill overlooking Aukland

Hike to the Caves. Elder Pennington (my companion) is in the black NZAM sweatshirt
New Zealand Aukland Mission (NZAM) in stone.... with sheep!


No comments:

Post a Comment