Sunday, April 3, 2016

Mission Leadership Conference and dog bites...

   Hello everyone!

     So we have had a lot of fun this week! Its been a pretty slow week though. We had MLC this week. MLC is a meeting with all of the Zone Leaders and the Sister Training Leaders in the mission with President and the Assistants! We left about 7 to get to Takapuna (the mission home) by 8. So the meeting started with an Awesome Home Made Breakfast in the mission home. Then we had the meeting until 12 then some lunch and then finished off until 3. After that we went to the mission office to get all the mail and supplies that we need for our zone. We then didn't get back until about 5 and then had dinner and got out to work. So it was a full day! 

     So we have been able to get to know a family (The Mafi's) in our ward really well. They LOVE missionaries! So Brother Mafi served in our mission a little while ago. So they are always looking out for us. We went over and did some service for them on Saturday and then had lunch with them. Then later that Night they asked us to come over and help them give their Baby a blessing because he was sick. Then Sister Mafi decided to create a Missionary Family Page on Facebook. So she then posted a bunch of pictures and stuff there and I'm pretty sure that my mom has become best friends with her right now! 

     One of our Investigators CAME TO CHURCH!!!! We have been teaching the Isaako Family for a few months now. Sister Isaako is a long time less active member and she has 4 boys. Jordan 11, Ruban 8, Tyson 7, and Kingston 4. So we have been trying to get them to understand the difference between our church and the Catholic Church. Jordan has been going to the Catholic Church with his Auntie for a little while and is planning on getting baptized there. Well we are going to change that. So we FINALLY got them to church and I think that they liked it! It was really exciting! We then went over Sunday night and we talked about Baptism. So we committed them to pray about where they want to get baptized and we will see tomorrow what happens! So please keep them in your prayers! They are really the only Investigators that we have been able to see much progress with this week.

  We had a family in our ward get married! Roy and Denice got married on Friday. Roy's family is in the ward and has been for a while, and Denice was baptized in October. So they invited us to go over and hang out at their wedding at the chapel for a bit and have a good feed! So it was really so much fun! We got a really nice Feed and had some fun with a lot of the people there! It was funny because her family aren't members. So you could tell who was from whose side! It was pretty funny to see some of the weird people there!   Most of them looked at us like the Plague! haha!  Like there was one girl that looked like a vampire! That is the only way I can describe her.... Also! Her dad looks like a James Bond Villain! Like when I saw him that is all I could think about! It was very funny! 

      So now for a very funny story! Elder Bass and I were walking down the street Saturday Morning. We had knocked a few doors, Talked to a few people, and were trying to contact some former investigators. Well as we were looking down the sidewalk I saw the SMALLEST Dog I have ever seen! It was like a brand new puppy. So we walked up to it and then we heard a bark. This was not a puppy bark.... This was a Mama bark. So we looked down the Driveway and there was a big mama dog running down the driveway... So of course Elder Bass started to run. Well My first thought was "If I run it will just chase me. Its probably just going to sit there and bark." So what did I do? Nothing. Well as it got closer it bared its teeth and started going hard! Haha. So it went for my feet. Which was weird. Well as it went for my foot, my foot went for it. So it bit and I kicked. As it grabbed my ankle it got my shoe also. So it just got a little scratch off of my ankle. As it bit me I kicked it and so it backed off a bit and so did I. Then we were able to leave and it went back into the driveway and laid down. So when missionaries say that they have to worry about dogs its true!

Thanks for the Email! Its great to hear from you!
          Love Elder Seelos!

The Mighty Penrose Zone!

The Elders

Muffins with the sisters

Probably the BEST thing ever!!!

At the Wedding with Toa

Greeting members before church

2 studs

Brother Mafi

We are 2 of the 4 white guys in the ward!


Cleanup at the Mafi's

Love the Mafi's!!!

The Mafi's have the cutest little boy...he has a weird Tongan name but everyone just calls him baby!!!  Even his parents!

I am sending him home mom!

The MLC conference

Studying hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment