Sunday, June 4, 2017

Birthday, Area 70, & lessons with investigators....

  So to start off my email this week I want to give a great thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday! Thanks for the emails and just thinking about me. Special thanks to the family for the wonderful book that I was sent to be able to celebrate with all of yous this year! 

     My birthday was great! I got to spend some time with the elders and we went out and had lunch at our Branch Presidents house and played with his goats. We then got to go and visit families for a while and jsut have a normal day. We also got dinner with a member. Then we finished our night with the Clarke family. They are great. One of the families that get close to all the missionaries. 

     This week the Kaikohe Stake got to have Stake Conference. Elder Coward from the Area 70 came to preside over our Conference. One great story from our conference was about my companion. So we went to the Priesthood leadership meeting at 3. Well during that meeting Elder Coward asked a question about Elder Hollands talk in General Conference October last year. Well he just asked what it was about. Elder Inglis, My companion, stood up and said "Save Souls." This was a sufficient answer we all thought. All of us except Elder Coward I guess. So he said "You know, That reminds me of something. It reminds me of my kids at Family Home Evening when they were young. They would be falling asleep and we would ask them a question and they would wake up and say "Faith" Or "Pray." Now these answers are right, but not really helpful." So we all started to laugh and we realized that my companion got roasted by an Area 70. So lets just say that has been the recurring joke the last few days!

     We finally got to sit down with Wesley this week. We saw him on Wednesday and then also on Thursday at the Kaikohe Markets. He was selling Hangis at the market. So a Hangi is a traditional New Zealand Smoker basically. They dig a hole in the ground and then put in Fire then Rocks then the food and then cover it. So the food is cooked. Its really good. Well we got that for dinner that night. Then we got to see him yesterday. We stopped by and saw the family. Well we are officially now teaching his daughters. Atahua, and Rangimarie. They are 9 and 8. He is leaving to Australia on the 4th of July and wants them baptized before he goes because Atahua is staying behind with his sister. 

     We are headed to play mini golf right now with President & Sister Balli!  They are the best!  We love them so much.  They will be going home in just a few weeks.

     Well sorry for the short email today! It was a great week though! 

     Love Elder Seelos

Birthday fun....

Playing Monopoly...

Good times....

My mean haircut from Elder Taranaki....


Elder Hopgood & I.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment